Monday, January 18, 2016

Yarn Review: Snuggly Wuggly Big! by Loops & Threads


Disclosure: This is not a paid or sponsored review. I was not in any way compensated for writing it. I post it because I solely want to share my own opinion.    



This is by far my favorite yarn for baby blankets! If you followed my blog for a while (or simply browsed through it), you probably noticed that I've made tons and tons of baby blankets.



One skien of Snuggly Wuggly Big was enough to make the blanket,
the hat, and the booties. 
 

This is a light weight (category 3, baby sport) 100% acrylic yarn. It is soft and easy to work with. All of my blankets that I've made with Snuggly Wuggly turned out wonderfully, and I didn't regret a single time my yarn choice.



Snuggly Wuggly works well for open and lacy stitches.


The yarn comes in a variety of beautiful solid colors. There are also variegated options for this yarn (thought I personally only have used the solid ones so far).

This yarn comes in two size skeins - a big one (14 oz, 1263 yd) and a small one (5 oz, 446 yd). I always buy a big one as it is more cost efficient.


Green is my favorite color. I loved my green
Snuggly Wuggly blankets the most.


I buy my Snuggly Wuggly from my local Michael's, where it's sold for $9.99.

But as many of you probably know Michael's often offers a 40% and occasionally 50% off for one regular priced items discount coupons. I don't always have coupons printed out with me, but luckily Michael's accepts coupons on smart phones. So whenever I know I'll be running errands and Michael's will be on my way, I stop by to purchase my Snuggly Wuggly. And even if I don't have a printed coupon, I use the one on my iPhone.




This blanket is one of the most popular on my blog. My free
pattern is available.



One thing I wish I could include in my review is my perspective on how this yarn and finished items look like after a few washings. But, unfortunately, I cannot do that. All the blankets I've made so far with Snuggly Wuggly I either gifted away or sold. I've never washed any of them.


Another open stitch blanket. The pattern is available in my shop.

But according to the label, this yarn is machine washable and dryable. However, it should not be bleached, ironed, or dry cleaned.


This blanket is popular for baby boys. The pattern is available in my shop. 

I didn't include the pictures of all the blankets I've made with this yarn. But more than a half of my blankets were made with Snuggly Wuggly. 


9 comments:

  1. Your baby blankets are all so adorable! My favorite color is also green! The yarn looks so soft.
    Have a fabulous week!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review!! It's of great help when someone wants to buy. What size hook do you use with this yarn? You have already said that you haven't washed, but is anything mentioned on the company label about color fastness?

    ReplyDelete
  3. unas mantas preciosas!!! un besito.maria:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Olga. Your baby blankets are beautiful. They look very soft. I love this yellow blanket with a pattern diamonds.
    Greetings from Poland :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And it's on sale for $7.00 on the web site right now (1-19-16). Not sure how long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I purchase some of this yarn after you mentioned it was so great. The only place I could get it was Michaels & a lot of the reviewers were so concerned that it was going to be discontinued. The color selection was not that great, but you sure get a lot yarn for your money. Thanks, Olga.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll keep this in mind next time I'm in Michael's. Thanks for the info. It looks like a nice yarn...your blankets are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just want to say that your blankets are so beautiful. And thank you for sharing the patterns. My favorite is the diamond design you have on this page. I've made it twice for first time parents and they absolutely love it. Your blog is my go-to site for baby blanket patterns.

    ReplyDelete