Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Old Snowflakes, My Written Crochet Pattern



crochet snowflakes

I made these snowflakes back in 2011, when I just started this blog.
Back then I wasn't good with written patterns, but I wanted to share my snowflake design, so I sketched a symbol chart (you can see it here).

Fast-forward four years, and now not only I write crochet patterns, but sell them too. Writing a blog is a great learning experience because your readers constantly motivate and inspire you! 

Today I looked at my old symbol chart, and wrote out the pattern.  


Ch 5, join in ring with sl st.

Round 1: ch 4, *2 dc in ring, ch 1* five times, dc in ring; join with sl st to 3rd ch of beginning ch-4.

Round 2: sl st in next ch-1 space, ch 3, (dc, ch 2, 2 dc) all in this same ch-1 space, *(2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) all in next ch-1 space* around; join with sl st to 3rd ch of beginning ch-3.

Round 3: sl st to next ch-2 space, ch 3, (2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) all in this same ch-2 space, ch 1, *(3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) all in next ch-2 space, ch 1* around; join with sl st to 3rd ch of beginning ch-3.

Round 4: sl st to next ch-2 space, ch 3, (3 dc, ch 2, 4 dc) all in this same ch-2 space, ch 3, *(4 dc, ch 2, 4 dc) all in next ch-2 space, ch 3* around; join with sl st to 3rd ch of beginning ch-3.

Round 5: sl st to next ch-2 space, ch 3, (3 dc, ch 2, 4 dc) all in this same ch-2 space, ch 5, *(4 dc, ch 2, 4 dc) all in next ch-2 space, ch 5* around; join with sl st to 3rd ch of beginning ch-3.

Round 6: sl st to next ch-2 space, ch 3, (3 dc, ch 4, sl st in 3rd ch from hook (picot made), ch 1, 4 dc) all in this same ch-2 space, ch 4, sc in next ch-5 space, ch 4, *(4 dc, ch 4, sl st in 3rd ch from hook (picot made), ch 1, 4 dc) all in next ch-2 space, ch 4, sc in next ch-5 space, ch 4* around; join with sl st to 3rd ch of beginning ch-3.


Fasten off, block and starch. 

4 comments:

  1. Piękne gwiazdki na choinkę.Pozdrawiam serdecznie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I saw the symbol chart, did you draw it manually? It is so neat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, I hope i can find the time to make some of these. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely....I wish I could follow a diagram but so far I get impatient and quit. Thank your for the pattern

    ReplyDelete