Thursday, May 1, 2014

Meet Lucy



I had been looking for a doll to demonstrate/model the crochet baby clothes that I make for quite a while. And I finally found it!



Isn’t she a cutie? I named her Lucy, though her original name is Ashley. She is a Marie Osmond Baby Ashley Doll. I bought her from a lovely doll shop in Campbell, California, which is called Nice Twice Doll Shop.



Since my dollie isn’t new, she is missing her bonnet and rattle (see here what she looks like new). But that’s okay because I’m going to make her lots of hats, bonnets, and headbands, as well as dresses, cardigans, sweaters, etc.






And now let me give you links to all the patterns of the crochet items featured in this post:




Off-White Pinafore Style Baby Dress. This pattern is available in my Etsy shop.

White Hat with Pink Flower. The free pattern is by Alli, and I added the flower. 

Baby Beanie with Three Flowers. This beginner’s level pattern is available in my Etsy shop; the pattern comes in four sizes.

Yellow Summer Hat. This hat is made of 100% cotton yarn; the pattern is available in my Etsy shop; the pattern comes in three sizes.

Clusters Hat with a Rose, in my Etsy shop.

I'm linking this post to 


Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home,

13 comments:

  1. Aw Lucy is lovely and she is a very lucky girl to have so many lovely outfits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable !!!!
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new baby! That pink outfit is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a baby-doll for a model too!! (I'd have to keep her in a closet except for picture time because dolls really creep me out just laying there LOOKING at me. ha-ha. I'm a weirdo.) I look forward to seeing her in all the pretty things you make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know what you mean. Have you ever read a short story by Agatha Christie called The Dressmaker's Doll? It's a nice story, creepy but fun to read.

      Delete
  5. Αχ, αγαπημένη μου φίλη, δεν χορταίνω να την βλέπω!!!
    Τι όμορφη, σαν παιδάκι και τι ωραία ρούχα και καπέλα!!!
    Σ΄ευχαριστώ πολύ που μας μαθαίνεις τόσα πολλά!
    Καλό μήνα, με δημιουργία και υγεία!
    Φιλιά

    ReplyDelete
  6. You couldn't have found a more perfect dolly, Olga, and she looks so sweet in your darling creations! Blessings, Bess

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, she's really cute. I've also considered buying a baby doll to help with pictures but I haven't found the right one yet. She'll be a lot of fun dressing up. Enjoy!
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word, what a beautiful baby doll she is! A perfect little model for your gorgeous patterns Olga :)
    Have a lovely weekend
    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute doll!:) looks so real baby.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hola Olga hace mucho tiempo que no te visito y ahora me encuentro con esta maravilla de bebota que modelo mas preciosa ♥ adoro las muñecas y esta es un encanto mas el modelo que le tejiste adorable el conjunto besitos .

    ReplyDelete